We Have a Large Selection of Items
J.J. Kane auctions feature surplus and retiring items that belong to governments, utility companies, contractors, manufacturers, lending institutions, and many other local, regional, and national fleet owners. We have auctions on a weekly basis and sell everything from heavy construction equipment to cars, pickup trucks, vans and SUVs. Search our inventory to see what is coming up for auction this week.
The #1 question we get – are your auctions open to the public?
Yes, anyone can bid and buy in these auctions. You do not have to be a car dealer; our sales are open to the general public. Here, you are buying direct from fleets and owners.
The equipment you need is available online!
You will find used cars, pickup trucks, SUVs, cargo vans, construction equipment, trailers and much more available in locations all across the United States. These online auctions give you the ability to find the items you need and to bid on the items when it’s convenient for you. High-resolution photos and detailed specifications offer you a close look at the items you need. If you have a question, just complete the “Request More Information” form on the item detail page and we will be right back to you with answers.
Follow the steps below to get started bidding online.
Step 1: Create Your Account
Start by creating your online account at Proxibid, our online bidding provider.
Create a Proxibid Account View/Watch Auction
Step 2: Find the Items You Need & Place Your Bid
Search for the vehicles and equipment you need in the timed auction. Once you locate something that interests you, do some research them and decide the maximum you would like to bid. You can place that amount into the Proxibid interface and Proxibid will bid for you, in regular increments, up to your maximum bid amount.
- Click the Bid Now button next to an item and create your free account on Proxibid.com.
- Review the item’s description, photos (and videos) and decide how much you’d like to bid.
- Enter your maximum bid amount next to the item and Proxibid will bid for you, up to that maximum amount.
- You can always log in and increase your bid to win, if you are outbid!
How can I get information about the item I am interested in buying?
- We supply high resolution photos so that you can see details of each item, and we highlight special features and notable conditions with additional photos.
- We describe items as completely as we can, noting problems when possible.
- If you have questions about a specific item, just complete the “Request More Information” form on the item’s page. We will connect with you as soon as possible and provide answers.
- After bidding ends, the winning bidder will receive conformation from Proxibid.
How do I pay for my purchases?
You will receive an invoice from J.J. Kane Auctioneers within one business day after the close of the auction. Simply follow the payment procedures on the invoice to remit payment.
Are there any additional taxes or fees?
A buyer’s premium will apply to all items purchased in timed, online auctions. Check the terms and conditions of the timed auction event for specific information on fees that apply to you, as a buyer. Taxes and fees vary based on government regulations, the state, city, and county in which you reside, etc.
When may I pick up my purchases?
Once you have received an email confirmation of receipt of payment, simply follow the instructions in the email to collect your purchases, and contact us with any questions.
I need help hauling my purchase, can you help?
Yes, just use the Veritread section on the item detail page of your item to obtain free transportation quotes. Veritread makes it simple to get transportation quotes, so you can plan for that aspect of the process, in advance, if you like.