How to Bid
JJ Kane Makes It Easy to Register and Bid Online
JJ Kane Auctioneers specializes in conducting both timed online auctions and online government auctions that are open to the public. You will find used cars, pickup trucks, SUVs, cargo vans, construction equipment, trailers, and much more! Our online auction format makes it easy for you to register and bid on vehicles and equipment available in locations across the United States.
Follow the steps to get started:
Step 1: Browse and Find the Items You Need
Search for vehicles and equipment you need. To check the current bid price or to place a bid, click the “Place a Bid” button. You will be redirected to Proxibid, our online bidding provider.
Step 2: Click the “BID NOW” Button
Step 3: Create Your Account
Create your online account on Proxibid, our online bidding provider, by entering your account information. Rest assured, all personal information is safe with Proxibid.
- Complete the basic information form and read/agree to the Proxibid user agreement.
- Enter your shipping information, select a security question and click “Next.”
- Provide your billing information to complete your account.
- Check your email for a message from Proxibid. Follow the instructions to validate your account.
Already have an account? Sign in on Proxibid and get started.
Step 4: Log In to Your Proxibid Account
Step 5: Click the “BID NOW” Button
Be sure to click “Confirm Bid” to complete the process. You can bid the next increment or leave a maximum bid and Proxibid’s system will bid on your behalf. Your maximum bids can be tracked in the “My Items” tab on MyProxibid. Bids are safe and secure.
Note: Online bidding is provided by our vendor, Proxibid. When you visit the online bidding provider (Proxibid) you are leaving the J.J. Kane Auctioneers website. Information shared between you and Proxibid is done on a separate platform and beyond the control of J.J. Kane Auctioneers.
Frequently Asked Questions
JJ Kane makes it easy to register and bid.We conduct our registration and bidding online through Proxibid, a third-party provider that manages a platform for auctions and payment processing. Learn more about how to create an account and register for our auctions.
In rare cases, some items are only available for auction to licensed automotive dealers. Those items are noted as "Dealer, Out of State." This note means that you must be a licensed automotive dealer or that you must live out of the state of the auction sale to purchase those items. Generally, those requirements are in place to comply with state or local laws, such as emission regulations. The vast majority of auction inventory is available to anyone who has a valid, government-issued photo ID.
- A valid, government-issued ID (i.e. driver's license or passport)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (Some auction locations require attendees to be at least 16 years of age to enter the property)
- Complete company name, address, telephone number and contact name if purchasing
- Copy of dealer and resale certificate if you are a dealer