Frequently Asked Questions
JJ Kane makes it easy to register and bid.We conduct our registration and bidding online through Proxibid, a third-party provider that manages a platform for auctions and payment processing. Learn more about how to create an account and register for our auctions.
In rare cases, some items are only available for auction to licensed automotive dealers. Those items are noted as "Dealer, Out of State." This note means that you must be a licensed automotive dealer or that you must live out of the state of the auction sale to purchase those items. Generally, those requirements are in place to comply with state or local laws, such as emission regulations. The vast majority of auction inventory is available to anyone who has a valid, government-issued photo ID.
- A valid, government-issued ID (i.e. driver's license or passport)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (Some auction locations require attendees to be at least 16 years of age to enter the property)
- Complete company name, address, telephone number and contact name if purchasing
- Copy of dealer and resale certificate if you are a dealer
Fees and Taxes
This fee does not include the additional charge from Proxibid, a third-party provider that manages a platform for auctions and payment processing.
- Sales tax on non-titled items
- Titled items are subject to sales tax in states that mandate we be a dealer/broker
Other fees that you will incur depends on states where those fees are applicable.
- Registration fee and additional DMV fees based on the state of purchase
- Administrative fee for titled pieces that is variable but does not exceed $100.00 per piece
The tax may vary in each auction based on location and regulations. Tax is collected based on state rules both for titled and non-titled items, where sales tax is applicable.
In many cases, the state of purchase will require you to fill out another state-issued form.
- Certified Funds (money orders, wire transfers, cashiers and traveler's checks)
- Personal or Company Checks
- Credit and Debit Cards
If you are writing a personal or company check, a valid driver's license is required.
Note: Credit and debit cards can be used for purchases up to $10,000 per customer per sale.
Credit Card Payment Terms: Credit card payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover is accepted at auction locations. J.J. Kane Auctioneers reserves the right to hold purchases and/or titles for three business days on merchandise purchased with credit cards.
However, in cases where your purchase amount has exceeded the amount of funds you brought, you can leave a deposit and come back the next business day by noon to finalize the transaction.
Titles and Temporary Tags
- A copy of the invoice or hauler slip provided by us
- A valid ID to verfiy proper release of the item