Government Sellers & Surplus
NCPA has awarded J.J. Kane Auctioneers contract number 11-20 for “Auction Services” on September 1, 2017 in response to RFP 19-17. This auction services contract offers government agencies and NCPA members the ability to sell their surplus fleet, equipment and other assets at public auction. Sellers have the option to either place their items into a live, physical auction or sell items through timed, online-only auctions via internet. Available support services include transportation and storage, de-identification, cleaning, and other work as needed. Sell today using the NCPA Cooperative Contract. Click here.
Click the yellow button below to begin selling in our timed auctions.
Live Auctions – Government Surplus Sales – Locations Coast to Coast
We want to make it easy for you to sell your surplus, connecting you with buyers, nationwide and across the globe. J.J. Kane conducts more than 50 live, public auctions annually plus timed, online auctions every month. Live events occur at 18 locations across the country. Some government sellers prefer to resell their surplus items direct to the public through a live, physical auction, where bidders compete face to face and buy the governments’ surplus, in person. We have found the live format offers excellent returns for sellers. Some reasons sellers prefer live events are that we provide a premium service where we:
- Stage and store sellers’ items
- Enable buyers to personally inspect items before the auction
- Engage buyers face to face in a highly competitive, live process
- Handle the details of “load out,” assisting buyers as they remove items after the auction
With the live auction format, we take the time to set up the items and we allow buyers to inspect everything before bidding begins. Buyers highly value the ability to inspect government surplus vehicles and equipment, in person, before the event. Many sellers also understand that the value of their assets can be maximized by allowing buyers hands-on time to inspect and consider the items.
Timed, Online Auctions – Government Surplus Sells from Anywhere
We also offer government surplus through timed, online auctions. During this type of online-only auction, items are offered for sale online through the internet and all bidding and buying takes place online. Many governments need to sell their surplus and do not want to go to the trouble or expense of transporting their items to a physical auction. If an immediate sale is preferred, our timed, online-only auctions are the solution. It’s easy for government surplus to be offered direct to buyers every month. In most cases, we can arrange to stage and store government surplus for your fleet, if necessary.
- Frequent auction schedule
- Eliminate transportation cost
- Extend the bidding window for prospective buyers
If you are a government agency and you would like more information about our solutions, just complete the form at the left and we will contact you quickly.
The J.J. Kane Auction Selling Process
We want to make it easy for you to sell your surplus and connect with buyers worldwide. With J.J. Kane, you can sell your items through a simple format! Just call us and we’ll take care of the rest. The J.J. Kane auction selling process is easy and straight-forward.
- You consign your items and provide J.J. Kane with information about them.
- We help describe and list your items.
- We advertise your items using the latest digital marketing channels and connect to a world of buyers.
- Your items are connected with buyers from across the nation and around the globe.
- Bids are placed and you sell your items to the highest bidders in the auction.
- Once your item has sold, we handle the paperwork and the collection of payment for you.
- The new owners of your items take delivery and we release the proceeds.
GOVERNMENT FLEET ITEMS
INDUSTRY EVENTS & AFFILIATIONS
We value the relationships we have with our public sector clients. More than 25 years ago, many of our first consignors were local governments who we still serve today. As we look for more ways to serve the needs of governments, we continue to develop relationships with other groups such as water management districts, power producers and more. Our mission is to make the sale of government assets both simple and profitable so that public sector groups can focus on their core role, delivering services to their constituents.