The J.J. Kane auction selling process
With J.J. Kane, you can simply call us and we’ll take care of the rest. The J.J. Kane public auction selling process is simple and straight-forward.
Public Auction Sale Process
- You consign your items and provide J.J. Kane with basic info about the truck or equipment.
- We can come out and gather the information, take pictures & help you arrange to move your items to an auction yard or you can plan to sell tour items Live Off-Site, remote.
- We advertise your items using the latest digital marketing channels and connect to a world of buyers.
- We allow buyers to inspect equipment at an auction yard the day before auctions, during a preview day.
- We contact previous bidders and promote the event and items.
- We sell your vehicle to bidders in a live auction, whether on site or from a Live Off-Site location.
- Once your item has sold, we handle the paperwork and the collection of payment from the buyer.
- We release the items to the new owners and they take delivery.
- Then we send you your check!
Here’s more about what we need from you, the seller, in order to connect your idle equipment, through a public auction sale. The process begins as we collect some information about your items, because the buyers need solid information including:
- Year, Make, Model
- Vehicle identification number and/or equipment serial number
- Engine, transmission and mileage
- Details about extra features of the equipment
- Photos are an expectation of buyers. We need several good images of each item. More photos is better, so that buyers can see what you are selling them.
Details about the condition of the equipment, including any known defects or problems
Detailed information and photos are important, in order for us to properly advertise items. Our J.J. Kane Apps (to be available soon in the App Store & Google Play) will make it easy to share information and photos, so we can give buyers great details about the items you need to sell, and increase your return.
Our selling process is as easy as it gets. If you can think of something we can do to make it easier, tell us and we will work to accommodate your needs. Download our Seller’s Guide for helpful information on how to get the highest return from your retiring and surplus fleet assets.